We have now analysed the results of the Second Village Plan Questionnaire, and the bullet point results have been forwarded to the Parish Council for their endorsement and the amendment of The Village Plan.
As before and in accordance with our mandate, the consensus of views is printed below.
Résumé of Questionnaire No 2
Transport and roads:
- In general the survey revealed satisfaction but the frequency and usage of buses scored lower marks.
- Village footpaths were in the main well maintained and signed but the continuing levels of improvement should be maintained.
- Speeding and the availability of parking within the villages remains high on villager’s agendas.
- Continuing attention at both national and local levels needs to be applied to our thoroughfares and ditches.
- A generally good level of satisfaction with the village amenities wasexpressed with a large percentage supporting the importance of creating a vibrant pub within the village.
- Concern was expressed in the paucity of policing and a lack ofawareness or visibility within the village of the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
- Much faster Internet broadband availability remains a key priority inthe villages.
The topics covered by the two questionnaires were taken from the 2005 Village Plan, and we feel we have now revisited them and obtained a refreshed view of the Villages’ desires for the future of the Seavingtons. We’re not however infallible, and so if there are any other topics that YOU think we’ve missed, please don’t hesitate to forward your views via a mailbox in the shop or electronically to The News, by 15th July 2014.