REVIEW OF THE SOUTH SOMERSET LOCAL PLAN (2006 – 2028) -ISSUES AND OPTIONS CONSULTATION
South Somerset District Council is reviewing the Local Plan that was adopted in March 2015; this review will cover the period 2014 to 2034.
As a first stage in the process, we are consulting on the issues and options that have emerged this far; and produced a document to stimulate debate on the best way to provide a new policy framework for planning and development in the District up until 2034. The consultation period will be from 26TH OCTOBER 2017 UNTIL 12 NOON ON 11TH JANUARY 2018.
The document starts to consider the options for where new growth may go in the future; and identifies potential new sites for housing, employment and other forms of development in the various towns and villages across the District.
You are able to view summary leaflets, the consultation document with option maps and the updated evidence base; and find a consultation response form, as well as the link to submit your representations electronically, on the Council’s web site at https://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/issuesandoptions. Hard copies of the document can be seen during normal opening hours in Council offices at Brympton Way, Yeovil; Petters Way, Yeovil; Holyrood Lace Mill, Chard; Churchfields, Wincanton and in libraries in South Somerset. Library locations and opening hours can be found here: http://www.somerset.gov.uk/libraries-and-heritage/using-the-library/find-your-library/
There will be a series of public drop-in sessions where the consultation document can be viewed and where Council officers will be on hand to help explain how we have got to this stage and answer any queries. These drop-in sessions are as follows:
* 1 November – Somerton Town Council offices (4pm-7pm)
* 2 November – South Somerset District Council offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil (4pm-7pm)
* 7 November – Market House, Castle Cary (4pm-7pm)
* 9 November – Swanmead School, Ilminster (4.30pm-7.30pm)
* 21 November – Guildhall, Chard (4pm-7pm)
* 22 November – South Somerset District Council offices, Churchfields, Wincanton (4pm-7pm)
* 30 November – Great Bow Wharf, Langport (4pm-7pm)
* 4 December – South Somerset District Council offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil (4pm-7pm)
* 13 December – Henhayes Community Centre, Crewkerne (4.30-7.30pm)
Please be aware that all representations will be publicly available and may also appear on the South Somerset District Council website.
Once the consultation period has ended, responses will help inform the preparation of preferred options for the Local Plan, which will again be the subject of further consultation.
If you have any queries regarding this letter please do not hesitate to contact the Spatial Policy Team on 01935 462462 or at firstname.lastname@example.org November 2017